Today on the anniversary of Marvin Gaye’s groundbreaking album we are asking all you budding Spielberg’s out there to question ‘What’s Going On’ and to create your own short film inspired by the 1971 hit single.
Feel free to run with this however you see fit, it’s all about your interpretation of the song and that can be as literal or as out there as you want it to be.
The technical bit:
• You must be over 14 years old to enter this competition.
• All entries should be submitted via ‘we transfer’ to firstname.lastname@example.org and please ensure that you include your name and a contact number in the 'message box'.
• All entries should be submitted in Mpeg4 format.
• All successful entries that adhere to the terms and conditions will be uploaded to our website and shared with the world.
• All entries must be between 3 and 10 minutes long.
• Your film must not feature gratuitous violence or footage that is obscene, threatening, harassing, libelous, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, offensive, derogatory of any person or otherwise illegal.
• Entrants who incorporate music or other sound recordings where rights (including intellectual property rights) belong to a third party must obtain the third party’s express permission.
• Please ensure that your film does not feature any footage, images, slogans or branding that aren’t your own unless you have copyright clearance in writing.
• You can opt to include a short synopsis of your film in the email or simply let your film do the talking.
The fun bit:
This is a very exciting opportunity for any Nottingham filmmakers starting out because not only will all successful entries be displayed on the Pop Up Nottingham website, but the top 5 entries - chosen by a panel of experts - will be shown at a special event on the big screen where the winner of the competition will be announced.
Entries close at 5pm on 5th August so get creating; we look forward to seeing what you come up with!