Nottingham Still Top of the Shops?

Description of your first forum.

Nottingham Still Top of the Shops?

Postby popadmin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:29 pm

According to a survey published on the 4th Spetember 2012 by the Local Data Company, Nottingham City Centre has a vacancy rate of more than 30%, making it the highest in the country - this is despite the fact that the city remains the sixth most popular shopping destination in the UK outside London.

However, the latest Retail Report by local company FHP puts the vacancy rate for 2011-2012 in Nottingham at 11.78% adding that there is an "encouraging stability in Nottingham's retail economy".

We could argue all day about the boundaries used to create such a discrepancy between research, but which study most accurately describes your experience of Nottingham?
popadmin
Site Admin

Re: Nottingham Still Top of the Shops?

Postby popadmin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:54 am

Urgent! See below:

I am currently finishing of the final project of my 3rd year at NTU due to an extension. I study Fashion Communication and Promotion and my final project is a Retail Regeneration Project which looks at how disused high street retail units could be adopted to help launch creativity, initiative and innovation into our highstreets.

I would love to hold a focus group/discussion to help form my research and rationale for the project. I am looking for around 10 participants (freelancers, creatives, anyone with something to say about the state of our highstreets!) to chat with and get some general feedback on my ideas. Ideally I’d like to hold the meeting on Thursday or Friday this week (13th/14th June 2013).

Please get in touch via Facebook (Hannah Woodman), Twitter (@RetailRegen) or email (Hannah.olivia.woodman@hotmail.co.uk).
popadmin
Site Admin

Re: Nottingham Still Top of the Shops? UPDATE

Postby popadmin » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:09 pm

According to a recent article in the Post, Nottingham has seen another rise in the number of shoppers hitting the City Centre. As a local resident/business owner, have you felt numbers increase? Do your figures match the statistics?

See the article here; http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/Footfall-figures-city-shops-East-Midlands/story-19002051-detail/story.html#axzz2WJw8KxUj
popadmin
Site Admin

Return to Your first forum